Bariatric surgery is also called weight loss surgery. Typical procedures are Gastric banding, Gastric bypass and Gastric sleeve.
Banding: In this procedure a band is placed in the upper part of the stomach, dividing it into 2 sections which forms an opening to allow food to pass. The section above the band acts like the stomach that fills food quickly and as the stomach is filled and stretched it sends signals to brain causing you to feel satisfied for several hours.
Bypass: Stapling of stomach creates small pouch which empties directly into the lower portion of small intestine thus bypassing a certain length of the intestine which forms mal-absorptive element. It's the most effective in inducing weight loss.
Sleeve: In this surgical procedure, stomach in converted into long sleeve to a reduced volume of about 100-180ml. This procedure is fairly simple and is associated with low morbidity and rapid recovery.
Other services on offer are:
Inguinal Hernia Repair, Appendicectomy, laparoscopic advanced biliary surgery and management of benign and pancreatic cysts.
Common Problem: Obesity refers to the excess amount of fat stored in the body. It is also called overweight i.e. weighing too much. It is generally not a disease but is known to be major cause for the onset of various other diseases. Treating it with Bariatric Surgery can cause significant long-term loss of weight, recovery from diabetes, improvement in cardiovascular risk factors.
Signs and Symptoms: Higher BMI (body mass index) is the most commonly used formula to determine your grade of obesity. Also inactive lifestyle, age, pregnancy, lack of sleep, smoking and other health conditions cause obesity.
- Complimentary airport pick up/drop in a Cab
- Complimentary meals for one companion during hospital stay
- Investigations related to the surgery
- Treatment Procedure
- Room charges in hospital (for the specified period 3-9 days)
- Surgeon’s fees
- O.T. charges
- Anesthesia charges
- During the stay in the ICU, stay of attendants would be arranged.
- Sofa cum bed is provided for the companion during hospital stay
- Travel desk is available inside the hospital premises
- Accommodation with all the facilities for a specified period